Sunday, December 31, 2006



Hi all:

Some of you may have noticed that I have been absent from Blog world for about 2 months. It was a combination of 4 day weekend,
very sick then dead motherboard in my computer (a little over a month to rectify), 3 plus days of the flu, and Christmas gift making.

Now that I have a computer back, I am back.

I know that for most of you, Christmas is over, but in our family decorations don't come down until between New Years and 12 night (Jan 6). So I figure I can still show you my 3d Santa that I made last year. He was one of the only quilts I finished last year while sharing care giving duties for my father with DH. Santa helped challenge my mind while keeping my frustration level and grieving down.
Santa's hair and beard , also the edge of his coat, are made of a very fuzzy flannel. His boots are polished cotton so the look like paten leather. The tree is the most 3 dimensional as it sticks out some. Well you can see what I am talking about.

As to the presents that I made were scarves, some fabric some crochet; a very light weight lacey crochet throw blanket; some more pin cushions; and lastly bags (as in lunch type bags.)

I thought I would show you some of the bags. I came up with 3 different patterns based on regular brown paper bags.

The top one is the one I like the best.
They really weren't to hard.

If anyone would like the patterns I would be glad to post them.

Well I am trying to start the New Year right. Posting at least once a week, quilting, etc. I have a lot to share with you all, my own quilting and my grandmother's.

So be safe tonight and have a happy New Year.

2 comments:

Nines said...

Good to see you back in Blog World, Rae! Love the bags. Caregiving is the most mentally and physically exhausting work on the planet. Hope you have a happier new year!

mereth said...

Welcome back,I hope your computer problems are over, it's very frustrating not being able to get on the net.
The bags look very classy, I wouldn't mind packing my lunch in one of those!